Friday, September 21, 2007

Lithium: The Lightest of All Metals

So, hooray, the lithium solution worked! I popped those babies in the digicam and; presto! Worked like a charm. And here is the evidence: two new listings on my etsy page! A cute lil' Kris Kristofferson notebook and a larger than normal Jane Fonda Workout notebook. How do the pictures look? With the Jane Fonda book, I used this lightbox that Steve made for me. I think they turned out pretty well. Oh, also, I have to give credit to Steve for the lithium idea, he is the author. Sorry for being misleading in my last post.

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but I joined a bookbinders' street team on Etsy! It's called BEST for short, and it is awesome! Here is a link to the blog. I am psyched to be in the company of so many awesome etsy sellers like myhandbound books, comfortableshoes, operationpapercut, and lots and lots more. There is a list on the blog, and I highly recommend taking a look at all the shops. You should also take a look at the BEST treasury on etsy...because I'm in it! Yay, I love being in treasuries.
I'm hoping to make this a big crafting weekend; I have a few plans, like going to see Lawrence of Arabia. It's playing at the Castro Theater (which is pretty much the most awesome theater in San Francisco) as part of their 70mm series they do every so often. L o A is one of the films they show all the time, they also always show Ghostbusters in 70mm, which is SO awesome, but I've never seen L o A before. I was going to rent it through netflix, but Steve told me to wait. We'll see if it's worth it, because I think I'm even going to have to pay for it! Also, I think we might go bowling, which would be awesome, and I am supposed to go to a game night. Sounds pretty action packed, huh?

mel

10 comments:

Jamie said...

That's pretty funny, Mel. Having not read your blog before now and quickly scanning, this is how I read the first line of your post:

Lithium: The Lightest of All Meals

Then I went on to read about you popping babies... and I wondered what the heck you were talking about. :-)

I love the Kris Kristofferson notebook. Very cool!

Austin Wolf-Sothern said...

I've never seen Lawrence of Arabia either, and 70mm seems like the way to go. If there are no passes, though, I'm saving my money for Ghostbusters and Lifeforce (which is amazing) tonight, and Terminator 2 and Total Recall on Thursday.

melroska said...

Come to lawrence of arabia with me, i'll pay for you cheap-o. we were thinking about going to ghostbusters tonight, but now steve wants to go to this magic show at james lick high school...

melroska said...

jamie - i'm sure lithium would be a rather light meal...thanks for taking a look at my notebook, I'm excited because I found another KK record at goodwill yesterday, and he has no beard! I've never seen him without one before, I was so shocked.

Austin Wolf-Sothern said...

Let Steve know it's my birthday today, so you should totally go to Ghostbusters. And it's short notice, but I'm also going to Sydney White like right now (4:20 in Daly City).

melroska said...

ha ha, some of us have jobs, yo. but i will see what steve has to say about that. happy birthday princess!

Austin Wolf-Sothern said...

Speaking of jobs, I have to be at mine tomorrow and Sunday, so can't go to Lawrence of Arabia. Even the day show doesn't let out until six or so, since it's like 10 hours long. I thought it was playing Monday, but I guess not.

melroska said...

I saw it, it was good. Sorry about ghostbusters, steve is a whiny baby. We're going to total recall on thursday though, so I guess we'll see you there, right?

Cora said...

Your Jane Fonda notebook is awesome!
Looks like it was popular too :)

melroska said...

thanks coralea!