Thursday, November 1, 2007

NaBloPoMo...JoShmoDadeedadowhaddayaknow

So, I am participating in NaBloPoMo....which is National Blog Posting Month....which means I have to post on my blog everyday! For the whole month of November! Even saturday and sunday! This is for sure going to be a challenge for me, because I am one of the laziest bloggers I know. I'm excited though, I hope I find some really cool stuff for y'all to read about.
That being said, I unfortunately have very little to say today. I am sooooo tired. I actually had to do real work at work today (as opposed to every other day, when I don't) and it really tuckered me out! I had this really awesome dinner planned to, but now I'm almost 100% sure that it's not happening. Which is sad, but, whatever. I took a shower though, and I feel fairly refreshed, so don't worry about me.
Oh! I thought of something cool to talk about. On Saturday I went on a little field trip for my drawing class to the SFMoMA to see an exhibit of the work of Joseph Cornell. I wasn't expecting too much, but I was really blown away. I can't believe I had never heard of Cornell before. I was totally entranced by his work. He created amazing, ethereal collages on paper, but what I found most interesting were his "boxes" which were like 3-d collages. He was influenced by movies and starlets and birds and surrealism. His work is so intricate, but they have a childlike feeling of wonder and innocence. I'm not sure if this exhibit is touring, but if it comes to your town you should definitely check it out. I found him to be so inspiring, I'm going back this weekend (maybe). If you live in San Francisco you should FOR SURE go, like right now. The museum is open until 8 or something on thursdays. Click here for more info.
See you tomorrow!

mel

No comments: