Friday, October 31, 2008

Mas y mas cerca

I am listening to Jonathan Richman's self titled album. I haven't listened to it in quite some time. I am one of those people who have very specific associations between music and moments in time. This album always reminds me of being on the bus listening to the CD right after I bought it at Amoeba, heading towards Steve's house.
The notebook above was made using a copy of Billy Joel's Glass Houses. It reminds me of New Year's Eve, 2004.
I don't have any very good memories of Halloweens. Halloween has been either boring or kind of a sad day for me over the last 6 or so years. And, to be totally honest, I find Halloween a little scary since I moved to San Francisco; there are just soooo many people out and about. So usually I like to fortress myself in my house. This year I am fortressing myself at Sarah and Bryan's house. And I am making these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from Bakerella...yum, I can't wait. The frosting is a maybe, I'll have to determine how ambitious I feel this evening. I'm considering getting a pumpkin to carve....we'll see. Perhaps there will be some sort of Halloween themed cocktails...
I hope you all have a great Halloween!
mel

2 comments:

My Inspired Reality said...

Happy Halloween and enjoy your cookies:):)

Anonymous said...

I've never been to san francisco, but i'm certain it's about 100x more busy than orlando. being in downtown orlando is scary enough, so i don't blame you for staying in and making cookies. especially pumpkin ones.