Thursday, October 18, 2007

Boner!

I was thinking today, what with Halloween right around the corner and all, about these cute dangly skeleton earrings that my mom had when I was a kid. This innocent bit of nostalgia led, of course, to an Etsy search! and, once again, Etsy does not disappoint.

These are probably the most like the ones my mom had, but these don't move. Mom's had limbs that were connected by little metal rings so they would dance around when she moved. Like these by emmbob


Ah, reading the description of these Skellingtons, emmbob says they are "articulated." That's the word I was looking for. It means awesome, right? Ha ha.

Those two pieces best embody what I was looking for, but the great thing about Etsy is you always find something you never knew you wanted. Like these Pygmy Skeleton earrings by Dionythicus
and these Evil Green Glowing Skull earrings by whatshesaid which, Bonus!, are on sale!
Scary!
These Spine Tingle earrings by TillyBloom are definitely different, and soooo beautiful.I was trying to pick my favorite pair of earrings by JessicaFink that I came upon in my search, but I just couldn't choose only one, they are so cool! So here they all are
Day of the Dead Skeleton earrings




Fire Skeleton earrings in neon yellow, neon orange, and neon pink.

And, because I just can't resist, her adorable Monster earrings in yellow and pink.



Because monsters are for Halloween too, right?
I hope these amazing earrings will inspire you to come up with some great spooky outfits for your forthcoming Halloween parties!

mel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first pair reminds me of the earrings. I loved those. I wonder what happened to them?