Friday, August 29, 2008

Because It Is Friday...

Ice Cream Cake - Before
...and because I am bored and want to go home, and because I think this is more interesting than the average meme, here goes.
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating. (actually, since I don't know how to do that cross out thing, I'll just put them in italics.)
Also, if I don't know what something is, I'll add a link to it's wikipedia page.
BTW, this is supposed to be some sort of ultimate omnivore's list, foods every omnivore should try in their lifetime. But I am wary of those kinds of lists (ie 100 things to do before you die) so you can just forget about that. All right.
1. Venison
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
8. Carp
9. Borscht
10. Baba Ghanoush
11. Calamari
12. Pho (duh, this is pretty much my favorite food)
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes (apple wine at apple hill, yay for apple hill!)
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper (i dunno if it counts having it in a salsa, or if you have to eat a whole raw pepper....but I'm gonna count it anyway.)
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters
29. Baklava
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl (again, duh; I live in San Francisco)
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar (i'm not sure about this one, because I think I wouldn't like a cigar, but I suppose I'd be willing to try one.)
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O (it is one of my great sorrows in life that I have never had a jell-o shooter)
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
43. Phaal
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
46. Fugu
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi (but only in sushi rolls that mainly comprised of something more delicious)
53. Abalone
54. Paneer
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
56. Spaetzle
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV (honestly? I don't know.)
59. Poutine (dude, this sounds hella delicious, take me to Canada forthwith)
60. Carob chips (stupid)
61. S’mores
62. Sweetbreads
63. Kaolin (this is basically dirt from China. Yum.)
64. Currywurst (this sounds awesome)
65. Durian
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost (i'm really tempted to say I wouldn't eat this, because it seems incredibly foul, but the truth is I probably would)
75. Roadkill (same as above)
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Bellini
81. Tom yum (probably my second favorite food)
82. Eggs Benedict
83. Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant (not that I wouldn't eat it, but sorry, I will never be rich enough)
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare (is this the same as rabbit? I'm going to assume so)
87. Goulash
88. Flowers
89. Horse (i'm similarly iffy on this. i honestly don't know if i could eat horse.)
90. Criollo chocolate (some super expensive kind of chocolate. i'm not sure if i've had this because i've had a lot of pricey chocolate.)
91. Spam
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor (I think this is the dish my dad has fond childhood memories of. i am not anxious to try this because I don't like lobster, but I have never been known to turn down baked dishes described as creamy and cheesy)
98. Polenta (unfortunately)
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake
Conclusion: That list is stupid and I hate this kind of holier than thou because I eat offal sort of stuff. But I am happy to learn about poutine.
mel

No comments: