Friday, August 15, 2008

Night Moves

Ships
New notebook for sale!
Oy, I am sleepy today. I've been sleepy pretty much all week, but today especially because last night I stayed up too late watching the Olympics. I couldn't help it though, it was gymnastics! It's like reliving my childhood when my sisters and I would skate around our driveways, pretending we were Kristy Yamaguchi. I know, that's ice skating, but I just mean that I when I was little the Olympics were a big thing for me, my whole family would sit together and watch every and any event. But I haven't watched an Olympic event since I moved out of my parents' house in 2002, so last night was oddly nostalgic. Even though scoring in some events may have changed and I don't remember feeling quite so cynical about the commentators when I was 9, I found comfort in the fact that swimming and gymnastics look the same as they did 16 years ago. Maybe that sounds weird, I don't know. I just know that it's still exciting and thrilling to watch these amazing feats of athleticism, and to know that millions (billions?) of people are watching and thrilling right along with you.
mel

No comments: