Thursday, June 26, 2008

Labelz: Ur doin it wrong


Eucalyptus Stencil Print, originally uploaded by wickedfreshie.

Okay, that was my first attempt at LOLcat language, what do you think? Oh LOLcats, so addicting. Well, when I've been able to tear myself away from I Can Has Cheezburger I've been working on adding labels and tags to all my blog entries and flickr photos. It takes a really long time. And I'm not sure I'm doing it effectively. But it is time consuming! Which is often a good thing for me.
Last night and the night before I was sooo productive! On Tuesday I made five new books then last night I took photos of them (two of them are now in the shop) and worked more on my printing. I finally got a print that I'm happy with from that Eucalyptus drawing that I was working with before. The linocut wasn't working so I made a stencil...actually, I made a couple stencils and finally got one that I could work with! Yay! I'm excited for when I can actually get a completed notebook out of all this work, but for now I'm happy I got any result.
I also worked on a new mosaic drawing last night, which I haven't done in a while. I'm happy with how it's turning out so far. Here's a pretty terrible picture of it in progress.
Work in progress

It's kind of seventies inspired. I like it so far.

Don't forget to visit the shop and see the new books!

mel

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing other people's works in progress. Looking forward to checking back and seeing the finished piece.

Hobocamp Crafts said...

the colors are so vibrant in your work-I love it!

You did a great job w/ the LOL cats I was only introduced to the site this past New Year's and it is kinda habit forming!

The Liz Lange dress is just the kind of piece I would have bought regardless of being pregnant. I feel like a little maiden lol!

PAC said...

Hi! I love seeing work in progress as well. It looks awesome!

melroska said...

thanks guys!

Just A Stay At Home Mom said...

wow what a coold process!!!