Wednesday, November 18, 2009

love love love this necklace (and so much more) from Foamy Wader
Hi everybody! I'm not dead, I've just been having trouble adjusting to being back from vacation (I know, it's been, what, three weeks now? Let's just say it's been a loooooooooooong while since I've been on vacation for a whole week). Also, I've been fairly busy, what with the Indie Mart and all. How was the IndieMart? Don't ask. I think I've participated in my last show, at least for the foreseeable future. One awesome thing that happened at Indie Mart was that I met Breezy of Needles and Pens, where my books and buttons are now for sale! That's right, Roska Handmade has entered the brick and mortar world at last. Pretty exciting, right? If you live in the area you should wander over to Needles and Pens, it's a really neat shop full of zines you won't find anywhere else. There's also lots of really cool jewelry, my favorite thing is this pair of earrings from Honey Pie Love (who I met at the Indie Mart, she is a super sweet person), they are little studs that look exactly like the tops of your molars. I need to get my hands on those stat, I think they are so funny. Needles and Pens is located on 16th St, between Guerrero and Dolores, so there's tons of fun stuff to do before and after you shop, maybe hit up Bi-Rite Creamery, yum.
In other news, I have lately been adding tons of new notebooks to the Roska Handmade shop. I still have loads more to add; unbelievably, at the beginning of this month I used the last of the paper blocks I had made in that huge paper cutting binge of the early summer. And, rather reluctantly, I must admit, last night I began cutting more paper! Yes, cutting paper is not my very favorite thing, but it must be done if we are all to have beautiful Roska-made notebooks, right? So I will be working on that in the evenings to come, it will make my house a complete mess and I will probably go crazy. Look forward to that.
mel

No comments: