Monday, June 16, 2008

Coastal Envy

I love the West Coast, but I've lived in California my whole life and I often get jealous of those living on the East Coast. Sometimes it seems like nothing is happening here, while in New York or New England everybody is going to awesome events and having a great time. Yeah, the grass is always greener, right? I'll make it to the East Coast someday, but for now I'm trying to enjoy San Francisco and never take for granted what an awesome place it is.
Anyway! The other day I posted some pictures of a sheet of bristol that I had linoprinted that was destined to become book covers. Well, the books have been made and they are in the shop!

I am calling these notebooks and the pattern Petal, because it kind of reminds me of marigold petals. Previously I had called this pattern Jellybeans, but decided I wasn't super in love with that name. I'm not married to Petals yet either. I'd love to know your opinion! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Titles are probably the trickiest part for me with my art. I also need to come up with new titles for my series of Mosaic drawings, I think. Oh, also, I made some new Spirograph books last night, so look for those coming soon!

mel

No comments: